topbella

Thursday, February 11, 2010

One!

This is my first Blog!! and I am super excited and kinda nervous at the same time.
I thought starting a blog would be easy, but it requires much more thought.
The name of a blog is so important, I spent about half an hour coming up with the name.
The task at hand was so tiresome I almost put off the idea all together. Every time I came up with a title i thought was brilliant it wasn't available :(
Finally I chose Subtle Provocations, (which was my 35Th choice at least!)

Subtle originated form the Latin word subtilis which means "finespun," for sub, "beneath" and tela, "web". The idea is to weave my words into delicate subtle thoughts.
Provocation is simply the act of provoking form Provocare, which means "to challenge" pro, "forth" and vocare, "to call".

Thus my theme is thought which will provoke in a subtle manner. This is such a challenge but I am ready to explore the corners of my mind, cross all the boundaries and in doing so maybe come up with something beautiful!

6 comments:

karen said...

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING, it can be addictive!!

Nikhil said...

Good show. Keep writing, and you might have a loyal following!

Prasad said...

How can you be subtly provocated??? ... Food for thought??

Anonymous said...

@Prasad the whole point of this blog to subtly prove! :)

viggs said...

wht ws us 1st choice fr d title btw??
Nd wuld d subtleness n provocation still b ur theme dn? :P
nywayz waitin fr d update..

Shradha Aiyer said...

Ha I thought of so many, that I dont remember myself :)

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mumbai, MH, India
I exist, I just am.